Parish Council meeting: Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Key information

Meeting location: The Church of St James, Avonwick

Meeting time: 7.30 pm

Agenda

PDF of the Agenda for the Parish Council meeting on Tuesday, 2 June 2015

Download the Agenda (PDF, 68.7 KB)

Approved Minutes

Approved Minutes for the Parish Council meeting on Tuesday, 2 June 2015

These minutes were approved on 7 July 2015

Please noteEvery care has been taken to present this accessible copy of the minutes with accuracy, but the formal record of the meeting remains the signed paper copy of the minutes.

OPEN FORUM

Two members of the public were present. The new seating arrangements for the Council meeting met with approval. The possible linking of the Parish website to the community website was discussed. It was agreed to leave this until the review of the Parish website was completed. The Council’s complaints procedure has been removed from the website until its review has been completed. Parishioners were informed that anyone making an audio recording of the meeting should seek the approval of the Chairman before the start of the meeting. The question of placing a litter bin in the Parish play park was discussed. Cllr. Steer would make further enquiries concerning this. The situation regarding dog fouling at Bickham Bridge had improved. Diptford Parish Council are monitoring this. The nuisance of trees overhanging the highway (major roads) was discussed. Cllr Bell to follow up. Cllr Gabriel agreed to take forward proposals for a shared lengthsman with other parishes. Cllr Bell would look into the possibility of including the Parish Council minutes in the Diptford and North Huish Parish magazine.

DECLARATIONS OF INTEREST

Cllr Steer planning

PRESENT

Councillors Bell, Gabriel, Grevatt, Hunt, Luscombe, Seager-Berry and District and Parish Councillor Steer.

APOLOGIES FOR ABSENCE

County Councillor Vint

MINUTES

It was proposed by Cllr Hunt, seconded Cllr Steer that the MINUTES of the meeting held on 12th May 2015  should be confirmed and signed. Carried

MATTERS ARISING

The Council’s insurance policy had been renewed. The Council was asked what cover was in place for children playing without adult supervision in the park. It is believed that such cover is not necessary. Clerk to check this.

REPORTS

Councillor Vint asked the Council to send him its response to the proposals for new electoral arrangements. Agreed. Cllr Vint will meet with the clerk to discuss possible work on Cobbly Way

Councillor Steer gave an update on the staffing changes at Follaton House. He informed the Council of the new Locality Officers who would have special responsibility to liaise with Parish Councils. Cllr Steer is to continue as Chairman of the Development Management Committee. Proposals for wind and solar power continue to take up much of the time of this committee.

PLANNING

The Council gave its support to an application for a new dwelling at Higher Colmer, Modbury.

CORRESPONDENCE

Specific items of CORRESPONDENCE were noted as follows: Approval was given for the Community Hall group to use the Parish land for its “Big Lunch” festivity on Sunday 7th June. It was agreed to close the park on 7th June to allow the “Big Lunch” to take place. The clerk was in contact with Linden Homes in an attempt to get them to fulfil their 106 agreement to cut the park land grass.

FINANCE

A letter had been received from the owners of land in North Huish where some parishioners wished the Council to place a bench. Finance for this had previously been agreed. Councillors agreed to seek the approval of those living in North Huish before taking this any further.

 

Balance c/f 10,187.00
Income (precept) 638.99
Income (interest) 0.31

 

Exp Park bench 1,800.00
Exp Donation (ch) 70.00
Exp Park gate rep 78.00
Balance c/f 8923.31

 

This balance is made up as follows:

 

P3 money 149.40
Council funds 8,773.91
Total 8923.31

 

HIGHWAYS

It was noted that the traffic calming work was underway in Avonwick. Parishioners are reminded that they are able to report items such as potholes directly to Devon Highways using www.devon.gov.uk  Transport and roads, Report a pothole or via our website [OLD ADDRESS REMOVED] and look under “Emergencies”

This would be much faster than waiting for the next parish council meeting.

ITEMS FOR NEXT MEETING

Diptford magazine/minutes, roadside hedge/tree height clearance, parish website. North Huish bench.

NEXT MEETING

Tuesday 7th July 2015 at 7.30pm at St James Church, Avonwick.