Parish Council meeting: Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Please note We regret that no audio recording is available for this meeting.

Key information

Meeting location: The Church of St James, Avonwick

Meeting time: 7.30 pm


PDF of the Agenda for the Parish Council meeting on Tuesday, 7 February 2017

Download the Agenda (PDF, 51.7 KB)

Approved Minutes

Approved Minutes for the Parish Council meeting on Tuesday, 7 February 2017

These minutes were approved on 7 March 2017

Please noteEvery care has been taken to present this accessible copy of the minutes with accuracy, but the formal record of the meeting remains the signed paper copy of the minutes.


The condition of the road surface at the New Bridge end of Cobbly Walk was brought to the attention of the Council. It was felt that the surface would be best protected if bollards were erected at the entrance to the walk. Potholes were reported at Charford Cross.

The Council was asked if it would support the Shop and Pub in Avonwick in their wish to obtain a defibrillator for the village. It was agreed to support this in principle.


District Councillor Steer – Planning


Councillors Gabriel, Hunt, Luscombe, Seager-Berry and District and Parish Councillor Steer.


County Councillor Vint, Councillors Bell and Grevatt.


The MINUTES of the meeting held on 3rd January 2017 were confirmed and signed. Proposed Cllr Seager-Berry seconded Cllr Hunt


It was noted that some signs had been removed from the Wrangaton  slip road but that others remained. Action Clerk

Thanks were given to Mrs Christine Steer for her work in cleaning the village entrance sign near Woodland Barton.


County Councillor Vint would submit his report after the meeting.

District Councillor Steer reported that SHDC had shelved the consideration of setting up a Local Authority Controlled Company for the time being. Other ways of generating income were being investigated. A report on the Local Plan was to be presented on 8th February. The District Council budget was being finalised. A small increase in  Council Tax seemed likely.


The Council gave its support to an application for decking and the installation of a garden shed at 5 Jubilee Cottages, Avonwick.

A representative of the Council had been invited to a site meeting at Burnside, Avonwick.


Specific items of CORRESPONDENCE were noted as follows:

DALC Transparency Code meeting. Clerk to attend.

SWWA. Letter explaining recent road closures in Avonwick. Clerk to respond.

Devon and Cornwall Police. Parishioners are asked to contact the Police giving details of obstruction to traffic at entrance of Church Walk, Avonwick as and when it happens. Email

South Hams Tree Wardens Network secretary. Clerk to post advert on display board.



Balance c/f 8175.88
Income (interest) 0.35
Balance c/f 8176.23


This balance is made up as follows:


P3 money 149.40
Council funds 8026.83
Total 8176.23



Clerk to contact highways re Cobbly Walk and Charford Cross.

Clerk to contact SHDC re litter on Avonwick-South Brent road.

Clerk to seek maps of Buddle holes around Avonwick, Horsebrook and Charford.


Tuesday 7th March 2017 at 7.30pm at St James Church, Avonwick.

Additional Documents

PDF of the Approved Minutes

Download the Approved Minutes (PDF, 57.8 KB)